Saturday 21 February 2015

12 Weeks today

I feel like the 12 week mark is a bit of a milestone, where I can safely say my baby is no longer a newborn. The first few weeks feel like such a long time ago with the weeks following flying past in a blur. I'm feeling a bit more like I know what I'm doing in that I am able to anticipate what she wants, most of the time, to prevent any tantrums. Not to say that we still don't have those. I'm learning her signals and what she's trying to tell me.

Her personality is developing with each passing day, she's smiling regularly, cooing and starting to giggle a little. She's content with being on her own for small amounts of time and her first instinct is not to cry when she wakes up in the morning and I generally wake when I hear her fidgeting.

She's also growing at rapid pace, now weighing in at 6kgs from her birth weight of 3.660kgs. She's outgrowing 0-3months clothing and starting to fit the next size up.  It makes me sad to know that before long she will no longer be my little baby but I'm excited to watch her grow and develop and to see her personality shine through.








No comments: