Thursday 16 July 2015

No-bake - Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice

If you saw the "3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies" I posted on my Facebook you might guess that I have a bit of thing for peanut butter - much to my Husband's dismay.

I've made this "No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Slice" quite a few times now and I am slightly addicted, if I didn't control myself I could quite happily down the whole lot in a day.

So, if you're a fan of peanut butter like me I would suggest giving this recipe a try. It's foolproof really and requires very little time and energy - which is right up my street!

I found this recipe on Sally's Baking Addiction a great blog with so many yummy recipes I can't wait to try. I've adapted the recipe ever so slightly to use Digestive biscuits instead of Graham Crackers - a product we don't have in New Zealand - you can use practically any biscuit you like though.


NO BAKE - CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER SLICE


INGREDIENTS

- 1/2 cup melted salted butter
- 1 cup digestive biscuits (or any you prefer)
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 3/4 cup smoother peanut butter

TOPPING

- 1 cup cooking chocolate (Dark, Milk or White - whatever you fancy)
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter melted

METHOD

- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking dish with aluminium foil. 

- Place biscuits into a ziplock bag and crush (I used a wooden rolling pin, quite therapeutic if you need to take out some anger or frustrations.)

- Place biscuits into a bowl and add melted butter, peanut butter and icing sugar. Mix until combined.

- Spread the mixture into your baking dish.

- In a small bowl melt your chocolate with the two tablespoons of peanut butter and combine.

- Pour the chocolate over your peanut butter biscuit mixture and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.

- Put in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours. Allow to sit for 10 minutes on the bench before you cut into squares.

ENJOY!



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments: