Wednesday 11 March 2015

DIY Keepsake Footprint

I saw a good idea the other day that one of my mummy friends posted on our group Facebook page and decided to give it a go. We did a mould of Ella's footprint when she was a newborn and I thought it would be nice to do one at each age milestone. Something nice to keep, to capture her growth from my little baby to a toddler. I've decided to do 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months and maybe go from there.

It's super easy to do, the recipe is as follows:

- Half a cup of Salt
- Half a cup of Plain Flour
- Quarter of a cup of water, give or take (I used a bit extra)

Combine ingredients and knead into a dough, roll out with a rolling pin and cut into your desired shape.  Make your impression, hand or foot or both, and bake at 95 degrees celsius for 3 hours.

Simple!

I also cut her name and age into the dough. Eventually, once i've finished I'll probably create some sort of shadowbox frame to display it. I have this really antsy feeling, she's growing so quick, that if I blink I will miss it and therefore I want to take as many photo's and make as many memories of her as I can before it's too late.


Note: The dough probably needs to be kneaded longer than I did to get a better consistency :-)

No comments: